Why will I never be like Delia Smith? Because I’ve already burned the dinner and it’s not even 3.00pm! Just got sidetracked from writing this, to go and do a rescue mission on the dinner. My crockpot has broken, so I’m supposed to be simmering it on the stove. Yeah, right. Well, I think I saved it, have to wait and see when the old man gets to taste it. Don’t worry, I scraped all the burnt bits out, cleaned the pan, and put it all back in! LOL
Oh, why can’t I be more like Delia? Although, she is a Norwich supporter, and that’s not altogether a good thing…
This is part of the BIP 2010, this is my first post:
There are numerous areas I would like to improve on this blog:
- Template design – something more in the line for an author; albeit a n00bie one.
- Colour scheme – Thinking red/black/blue shades, that match my book cover 😉
- Sidebar content – Will need to add the book cover when its ready + tidy up what is already up
- Add a page for my book with summary/blurb/cover/publisher
- Maybe add a page for my characters? I always like that on author blogs – where do I get nudie men photo’s? I will need lots! 😉
- Add a better front page, if possible – or an “About” page with “Contact” and “Professional Affiliations”
- Add a “Media” page?
- A nice Angel signature for my blog posts 🙂
Ease of navigation:
- Might need to sort out my categories, I’ve gone a bit mad with them
- Do I need an index? No idea what that is – maybe someone already has one, or can tell me, please??
Social Media Integration:
- Add some sort of “Share” link on the comments
- Find out how to upload WordPress Plugins to my WordPress Plugin folder. Grrr!
- Find out where the hell the WordPress Plugin folder is! (Driving me potty!)
- Maybe add Ping site
- Add my GoodReads
Search Engine Optimisation:
- Need to learn what to do with tags, keywords, page descriptions
- Google Webmaster – Need to set that up
- Add CommentLuv – but need to find where the WP plug-in is! *Rolls eyes*
- Beg for someone to help me!
Ease of subscribing:
- Check how it is all set up already re: RSS, email subscribe)
- Blog header design – maybe with a tag line
- Someone told me I need a proper.com addy now…Not sure if I do – Will look into it.
Well, that’s enough to be getting on with! I’m sure there will be other things I spot from the 2009 BIP archives.
And now for my writing goals!
Yesterday’s Expected/Hopeful Word Count, 2,000k;
Last night I hardly had time to write, and came up with a must-do-better word count of 1,122. So, I’ve worked out that to keep at 2k a day, 12k a week, I need to catch up this week with a healthy amount of 1,498 + 2,000 = 3,498!
Starting my first full week next from Monday through to the following Monday. So, I’m taking it easy on myself this week! 🙂
Today’s Expected/Hopeful Word Count, 3,498k;
Starting much earlier so I think there’s hope!
See you tomorrow.
Anyone else writing their word counts out daily like me?