Author blog hop:
1. Grab the above AUTHOR BLOG HOP logo –
2. Write your blog post in answer to the question and publish on your own blog –
3. Leave your link in the Linky Tools spot below – (or comments if you have trouble!)
4. Hop from blog to blog meeting and greeting!
5. HINT: It’s helpful to leave your link in comments you leave on other blogs if you are also participating in the blog hop for quick and easy reciprocal comments!
He held my hand through my first novel by-
- keeping two separate record of my daily word count, and my overall word count, on screen for me to see all the time, which I found very encouraging
- displaying my novel split into chapters and scenes, just a glance away
- keeping all my world building rules, (creatures, magic, weapons, books and food and drink etc.) along with my research and character information all in one handy place in the sidebar underneath my WIP.
- ensuring that any words in this research section were not counted in my actual WIP
- allowing me to upload pics to view as I worked
- being so thoughtful of my needs he supplied me with the option to work with all this information around me or to turn it off and just have a page on the full screen and nothing else around to distract me
- adding each scene I write to a proper looking index card for me, each with a short summary automatically added from my words (and this looks so cool as it’s like a real pinboard with index cards – easily moved around, which I love as I’m a very visual person😉
- letting me add key words to a pad I could have on screen by my side for quick reference for those magical names and places I made up and spell them correctly the second time round
- he also helped me remember lots of other things, like how many towers I had in the Black Ice Training Ground and what they were called, and how to spell those tricky magical words in an instant!
- even keeping this all readily available for book two! No need to dig out my notes, it’s all here, just where he left it.
- You should see what he does with my edits! Your mind would boggle!
- If only he could write it for me, too!
Yes we went everywhere together. Scrivener is my hero. My dream come true. I’d be brokenhearted if I lost him. Fancy giving him a go? You can check him out over here: http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php