My Thirteen Worst Superstitions of all time! Are you superstitious?
1. Breaking mirrors: 7 years bad luck if you do. No thanks!
2. Walking under ladders: A can of paint of the head or something much, much worse? I’d rather not take the risk!
3. The number of the beast: 666 I can’t help it but it just makes me uneasy! Weird, I know. Maybe it’s the devil in me…
5. The saying that accidents and bad luck always come in threes: I think comes from the ‘Three on a Match‘ superstition, which dates back to the soldiers of the Crimean War. Wherever it comes from, I still think it. After two mishaps – I’m automatically wondering when the next mishap is going to happen!
6. Wearing green at weddings: Don’t know why, but I was once told it’s unlucky to wear green at anybody’s wedding. For them or me?
7. Black Cats: I’m prone to black cats walking across my path. I owned one a while back and had no chance! I lived to tell the ‘tail’.
8. The Ravens at the Tower of London: Legend dictates that, if the ravens ever leave, the Tower will fall and the Kingdom will fall. Wouldn’t want to be around if that happened!
9. To knock on wood: I always do this to avoid tempting fate after saying stuff like ‘thankfully I’ve not had a cold all year,’ does it work? Who knows? LOL The expression is usually used in the hope that a good thing will continue to occur after it has been acknowledged and to prevent it from going completely tits up. Don’t believe me? *Knock Knock*
11. Spilling salt: There’s always a devil on our left shoulder to throw it back at, apparently!
12. Friday 13th: Great Film, though. According to Wiki the asteroid 99942 Apophis will make a close encounter with Earth, closer than the orbits of communication satellites, on Friday, April 13, 2029 — Best wear your hard hats everyone. *Gulp*
13. The number thirteen: Unlucky for some is having Triskaidekaphobia – a fear of this number! Thankfully I’ve personally always loved this number and found it lucky for me. 😀
What is your Thursday Thirteen? Click this link to join in!